DELIVERY & RETURNS
FINAL SHIPPING DATES FOR CHRISTMAS 2021
Thursday 16th December
COMPLIMENTARY SHIPPING & RETURNS to the United States of America
IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS....
*Valid on all purchases on or after the 1st November 2022. For purchases made from 25 December onwards, our normal refund policy will apply.
Delivery within 6 working days via DHL Express
DELIVERY DUTY PAID (DDP)
Johnstons of Elgin online orders are despatched from the United Kingdom. Delivery duties are applicable when goods are exported to any country outside of the European Union, and are payable by the recipient of the goods.
If you opt to pre pay duties on your order, this will allow the goods to be delivered with no prolonged delay. All duties and taxes related to the goods will be covered, and no extra charges will be required by the shipper or recipient.
If you choose not to pre-pay at the checkout the goods may either held by the delivery courier until the invoice has been paid, or the goods may be delivered followed by an invoice for the duties sent to the recipient.
TRACK YOUR ORDER
When shipping your order, we will send a confirmation email with your tracking number to confirm that your order is ready for despatch. For the latest on your delivery, please refer to the tracking number included in your shipping confirmation email.
Alternatively, if you have a registered account with Johnstons of Elgin, you can find this information in ‘My Account’:
- Sign into ‘My Account’.
- Click on the ‘Orders’ section.
- If the order status is ‘Order Shipped’ click on ‘View’ for the tracking information.
Please select your preferred shipping destination using the selector you can find in the right-hand corner of every page to show relevant shipping options, delivery times, shipping costs and all other information.
45 Leather Lane,
CHANGES TO THE TAX REGULATIONS IN THE US WHICH WILL BE APPLICABLE FROM 1ST JANUARY 2020
Following a supreme court decision from 2018 which rules that remote sellers with no physical presence in a state must collect and remit the sales tax for each state where they do business, Johnstons of Elgin & Global-e have taken steps to support the calculation, charge and remittances of sales tax as required by each state. From 1 January 2020 Sales tax will be calculated and added to the price at checkout and will be required to be paid by the customer at checkout, essentially the same as any local US transactions where the customer pays the state’s local tax at checkout.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
Thank you for ordering from Johnstons of Elgin
- We will replace or refund any product purchased from our online store, provided that you return your items within 28 days from the product delivery date. The date is determined by the courier tracking system. Customers should dispatch the Products for return from the same country where the Products were first delivered.
- Our FREE Returns for the US are via DHL. To create a Freepost Returns label please visit our INTERNATIONAL RETURNS PORTAL - please note you will require your order number and email address to process a return.
Prepare your package for the return
If you choose to return any items, you will need to place the products that you intend to return or exchange inside the original boxes. Please make sure that all the labels of the previous shipment have been removed. If the outer box is too damaged to be reused, please replace it with a similar box that can guarantee an adequate protection of the products. Finally, seal the package carefully and attach the returns label.
Please make sure that any labels or swing tags have not been removed from the products you wish to return. The products must not show any signs of wear, alteration and must be in their original condition. If any of the previous requirements are not met we may be unable to accept the return request.
The parcel can then be returned to us via DHL, the instructions on how to arrange a collection or your drop-off options are provided when you request your return via our RETURNS PORTAL.
If you choose to personalise items with embroidery, these will be deemed Bespoke Items; and changes, returns, exchanges and cancellations cannot be accepted. Please see section 8.1 (Your Right to Cancel) of our terms & conditions for further details. This does not affect your statutory rights.
RECEIVING A REFUND
- Refunds will be credited to the purchasers original method of payment.
- On receipt of a return, we will process the refund as soon as possible, and all refunds are issued within 28 days of receipt.
- Please note that international custom duties and sales taxes are NON refundable.
- If the item you are returning was purchased in a currency other than your local currency, any refund will be paid in the same currency as purchase. Due to fluctuations in currency exchange rates, the amount refunded may be higher or lower than the original price paid.
- Working days are Monday to Friday, excluding UK public holidays.
ORDER AMENDMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
Your order will be processed and, subject to being accepted by us, a confirmation email will be sent.
In certain circumstances, we may be able to cancel your order before it has been shipped. To find out if your order can be cancelled please Contact Us as soon as possible after placing your order. You may cancel your purchase of goods by notifying Johnstons of Elgin either by email or phone within 2 days of your order being placed. In such cases a full refund will be made to the purchaser's original payment method.
We are unable to combine orders, change sizes, edit your billing or shipping details or add items to an order once it has been placed.